Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Cool Tools Thing 03: Twitter & Online Communities

As you can see by the title, I have started a Cool Tools professional development. For my first blog in the PD, I have decided to dabble a little bit more into Twitter. I created a Twitter account about 2 years ago, but it has been a very slow process of using it. At first I started following different teachers and reading their tweets. Being a math teacher, of course, I follow @fawnpnguyen, @jreubach, @ddmeyer and @joboaler. They help me get ideas for my classroom as well as reassure me that I am doing great things with my students. Being in a 1:1 classroom and now an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher, I started following different leaders and innovators in the digital environment. I follow @davidwkwan (goFormative community manager), @adambellow (BreakoutEDU co-creator), and @E_Sheninger (Award winning principal) among many others. They have motivated me to start tweeting and showing others what I am working on and how I am helping my district. I have started tweeting and connecting with others while I was presenting at conferences as well as helping the Central Office twitter as our Superintendent Conducted a Town Hall Meeting. As you can see by my blog, I have also added a twitter widget on the right side of my blog. I am excited as I continue tweeting and embracing the connecting that I make through it. Follow me @yelena585.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed looking through your tweets! I haven't had a chance to look at BreakoutEDU, have heard of it, but need to look more closely. Thanks for the nudge! :) And welcome to the workshop.

    ReplyDelete